Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Aaahhh - mazing!!!


To paraphrase a dear friend of mine "Life should move you to tears at least once a day". As I began to pile up the soccer spikes, socks, shin guards, balls, shorts, jerseys and t-shirts that I have been able to collect through everyone's generosity, I found myself crying. I was so moved by the amount of soccer items I received and with the thought that this will go a long way to support Los Zapatos Rotos Corazón De Campeón (Broken Shoes, Hearts of Champions), a soccer league created by Marlin, one of the Spanish teachers at La Mariposa. This initiative provides a focus for the youth in the area, especially for those who might get into trouble otherwise. As I counted the various items, what I began to see was not just gently loved soccer equipment, but hope. Hope for something bigger. Hope that this will actually make a difference to a third world community. I am thinking a BIG difference! I am so delighted to be able to make this wonderful contribution with everyone's support. Gracias!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment