Thursday, July 7, 2011

Hola mis amigos!!!

I am getting ready to leave for my trip to Nicaragua where I will be studying Spanish in an immersion program through a school called La Mariposa in San Juan de la Concepcion.  I am very excited, as you can imagine, and a bit nervous.  I have been reading about Nica so that I am familiar with the country, the people, the culture, the traditions, etc., and now I am familiar with a bug called the Changa. Shirley Cullen, a science teacher at our school, used to say "Don't say eeewwww, say aahhhh!"  Except right now I am saying "eeewwww".  The changa likes to crawl up onto your face while you are sleeping and bite you, preferably near the lip.  Then, to add insult to injury, it poops on the bite.  Now you are saying "eeewwww!", right? While I am very open-minded about exposing myself to new things on my adventure, not so open to meeting the changa.  I bought a mosquito net with extra bug protection today!

No comments:

Post a Comment